Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Christmas Village

As most of you know, Ryan and I watched Matt and Deelynn's kids a couple weeks ago. While we were there the kids wanted to make gingerbread houses. Since I am not Betty Crocker we just covered boxes with wrapping paper and decorated them with candy. It's a little ghetto, I know, but the kids were content. It wasn't long before the village slowly started to shrink , a window here, a chimney there. Matt's kids and candy are like peas and carrots. Avery asked me to take pictures so she could eat more and not wait for her parents to get home to see it. They all did a great job. Ryan even took part in constructing our little town, which I didn't think would happen.

We had a great time with the kids building our village and going to the park. They are wonderful kids. And props go out to all the mothers with more than one child to care for. Going from one to having six was quite an eye opener. Deelynn you are my hero.!




4 comments:

Stephanie said...

How creative! Love it...

Anonymous said...

Who made the well? That looks awesome!!!! hehe

Anonymous said...

lets just say in about 3 days it was gone! thanks to me.

Stephanie said...

Remember Ann, you did promise to update your blog when you got home. You have plenty of material now, after you 2 month trip across America!