Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Best-Ever Cole Slaw Dressing

Hi Everyone:

This will be my first posting - hope it works!

We had a wonderful dinner/visit with Heidi on Sunday at our home and both she and Holly asked for this recipe so I thought I'd follow Nancy's example and post it for everyone to enjoy. There is no mayonnaise in this recipe and that's one of the reasons Heidi wanted it because apparently Stephen hates mayonnaise! I originally got this recipe from my friend Brenda Smyth in our old ward (her husband doesn't like mayonnaise either).

Best-Ever Cole Slaw Dressing
1 cup sugar
1 cup salad oil (I use canola oil)
1t salt
1 small onion, minced in food processor
1/2 cup vinegar, white distilled
1t celery seed
1t dry mustard

Beat ingredients together until very creamy. Store in covered pint jar in refrigerator. Keeps very well.

NOTE: This makes a lot of dressing - more than enough to cover 2 bags of ready-made coleslaw.

Smiles... Stephanie

No comments: